Supported by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
THE BIG IDEA CHALLENGE
To kindle the Innovative spirit among the student community and to encourage the probing young minds to follow their entrepreneurial pursuits, igniting the spirit of enterprise among our youth.
Young Indians (Yi) is an integral part of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), a non-government, not-for-profit, industry led and industry managed organization playing a proactive role in India’s development process. Yi was formed in the year 2002 with an objective of creating a platform for young Indians to realize the dream of a Developed Nation. “To become the Voice of Young Indians Globally” being the vision of Yi, it provides a platform for young Indians to participate in and contribute by becoming an integral part of the Indian growth story. Yi’s work is divided primarily into three groups; “Youth Leadership”, “Nation Building” and “Thought Leadership”. Entrepreneurship was chosen as the theme of the conference, as it serves as a capstone of all the three Yi ideals.
About THE BIG IDEA CHALLENGE
The Big Idea Challenge welcomes all college students and Young Innovators who have innovative ideas and big dreams about starting their own business venture one day! It provides an excellent opportunity to learn from successful business leaders, to develop your innovative idea into a powerful business model and pitch it to the top Venture funders.
- Unparalleled opportunity to listen to success stories of entrepreneurial Leaders.
- Understand the business planning process and to develop a winning plan.
- Get to know the preparedness required to transform ideas to business plans through mentoring, incubation and funding, based on your plan & interest.
- Platform to pitch your Start up idea and an Opportunity to network, interact and enhance business linkages.
- Access Business Incubation and Mentoring support.
- Get Seed funding to realize your venture dreams.
It is planned to have 2 streams in this event, one stream for Students and the second stream for young Innovators – Professionals, Academicians, Agro Entrepreneurs, Artisans, others, who are interested in shaping their entrepreneurial destiny and who have the spirit to become entrepreneurs.
Who should attend?
BIG IDEA CHALLENGE welcomes all students, including graduate students of engineering and non-engineering branches and management, who are interested in shaping their entrepreneurial destiny and also non students who have the spirit to become an entrepreneur.
BIG IDEA CHALLENGE is designed to ignite entrepreneurial spark in young minds and enable students to discover their entrepreneurial potential.
BIG IDEA CHALLENGE is hosted by CII-Young Indians, Trichy Chapter with the support of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India and, partnering with TIE – the knowledge partner & Native Lead – the Mentoring and Funding partner.
CII-Young Indians Trichy Chapter
THE BIG IDEA CHALLENGE STAGES, ELIGIBILITY AND RULES
- Applicant shall be an Individual or a Team comprising maximum of 4 members.
- Applicant status: It is planned to have 2 streams in this event, one stream for Students and the second stream for young Innovators, who are interested in shaping their entrepreneurial destiny and who have the spirit to become entrepreneurs. The 2 separate streams are:
- A Student, from engineering, non-engineering, management, others, registered in any recognised Institution for Full time or Part time study. Individuals or teams of max. 4 members can apply.
- Young Innovator shall be a Professional, Academician, Agro Entrepreneur, Artisan, others. Individuals or teams of max. 4 members can apply.
- Age – Below the age of 40.
Application submission – The Innovative Idea with details, are to be submitted on or before 14th December 2018, in the prescribed Application format by E-mail. More than one idea may be submitted by the same Team, however separate registration is required. Applications may be downloaded and sent to the designated email id, provided below:
Competition Stages & Rules
To be considered for the Innovative Idea Awards, participants from both Student and Young Innovator streams, must submit fully complete applications in the prescribed format, by email, on or before 14th December 2018
STAGE 1 – Participants download and submit the Application describing their idea and it’s USP.
STAGE 2 – Top 30 Applicants(Number may change based on responses received and Submitted Ideas) from each stream, are selected as Semi-Finalists, based on Innovative content and the Technical and Commercial feasibility, by the 3rd week December, 2018.
STAGE 3 – A Business Boot Camp shall be held in the Month of December 2018. You will have Training, coaching and mentoring support to develop your idea into a shining business model and learn how to pitch it, from incredible Mentors.
This shall be followed by Mentoring support, for Technology and Business Model Development and preparing for the final pitching to the 2 Evaluation committees, one Committee for each stream.
STAGE 4 – Teams present their Pitch Deck to the respective Evaluation Committees. Top 5 teams/individuals shall be shortlisted from each stream as Finalists by 3rd week of January 2019.
STAGE 5 – The 10 selected Finalists (Numbers may vary) shall pitch their ideas before a Panel of Successful Entrepreneurs, Incubation Managers, Venture capitalists and Angel Investors, during the YUTRY 2019 Entrepreneurship Conference to be held on 1st and 2nd February 2019, at Trichy. Best ideas from each category shall win cash prizes and Incubation services.
- Teams may comprise students from more than one college
- ‘Team Name’ cannot be changed during the course of the competition. It should be used for all future correspondence or queries.
- A team can submit more than one business plan/idea after registration but in doing so, it must register separately for each submission.
- There is no restriction on teams taking part in other business plan competitions.
- Every contestant must agree with the rules of the contest and must accept the declaration of confidentiality during registration in order to participate. Please make sure you read the all details of the competition, before registering.
The judges are professionals who come from various business related backgrounds and include experienced investors (angels, venture capitalists, investment bankers), experienced Incubation managers, successful entrepreneurs and senior business people and service professionals, who regularly interact with early stage companies. The judges consider specific criteria when evaluating the Applications and later, the business plans, however ultimately, winning teams usually are those which the judges find innovative with promising team, having good potential for market success and hence are fundable.
Cash Prizes + Mentorship+ Opportunity to get Incubation & Funding+ Networking and Visibility amongst entrepreneurial legends
|The Big Idea Challenge Application Submission||14.12.2018|
|Result announcement for Next round||Please check this website, tentatively in 3rd week of December 2018|
|Business Modelling Boot Camp||Please check this website, tentatively in Last week of December 2018|
|Submission of Complete Business Plan & Mentor Allocation||Please check this website, tentatively in the 3rd week of January 2019|
|Pitching to the Committee||Tentatively in the 4d week of January 2019|
|Top 10 Finalists Live Pitching||02.02.2018|
- At the time of entry, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and be in agreement with the Contest Rules. The Organizers reserve the right to rule on any issue(s) not covered by these Contest Rules and also reserve the right to cancel or amend the Contest or modify the Contest Rules at their discretion without prior notice, if necessary. Decisions of the Contest Jury will be final in deciding the Winners of BIG Idea Challenge.
- Each participant/team is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights of the Entry. However the participant understands that Organizing team may reproduce and publicly display the Entry including, but not limited to, the right to make screenshots, photos and video clips available for promotional purposes in the media, in the future. However, by no means will the Contest Entry and all accompanying information be used for non-Contest related purposes.
- With regard to the application, the Entrant/ Team understands and agrees that he/ she is solely and fully responsible for all aspects of the contest application and its content, including but not limited to its lawfulness and non-infringement of any third party individual property rights, and agrees that the Organizers shall not be liable in any way for any such contest Entries.